Happy New Year my lovelies! I hope 2016 is off to a wonderful start for you all. When it came to writing this years New Years Resolutions it came to my attention that many of them were beauty related, and as i’m a beauty blogger i thought it would be fun to share my top 10 beauty resolutions with you!
1. Drink more water. I’m sure your tired of hearing people say this but its definitely something i need to work towards. I’ve never been someone to drink water, intact i rarely manage one glass a day! So i think its time to swap my cans of pepsi max for a healthier alternative! As you may have heard me mention on my youtube channel i suffer with dry skin, so i feel like staying hydrated should be the obvious choice for me above any fancy moisturiser! I’m going to aim to drink the recommended 8 glasses a day, wish me luck! And please feel free to tweet me at any time reminding me haha!
2. Cleanse my skin. Now i’m gunna be honest with you guys, despite being a ‘beauty blogger’ up until about 4 months ago i was the girl who would go to bed with there makeup on, then at the last minute before i fell asleep i would grab a makeup wipe and half heartedly scrub off the days face. Terrible i know hahaha! So i’m now making it my mission to have a proper skincare routine and stick to it! I often get into a routine and then get lazy after a couple of days, but this time i am determined to find what works for my skin and be consistent. Double cleanse, moisturise, the lot! I can’t wait to see the results!
3. Make use of my products. As you all know, i am a lover of beauty products, i would actually go as far as say i have an addiction haha! So my beauty collection is quite a size! Yet i still manage to stick to the same 10-15 products, never really stepping out of my comfort zone. So this year i have decided to make a point of using different things! It will also really benefit my youtube channel as i’ll be using tons of different products in my makeup tutorials!
4. Dare to wear. Kind of linking to number 3, i need to really push myself outside of my comfort zone and try out some different makeup looks, and hair styles! I have definitely found my ‘everyday makeup’ face, but when i have that extra 10 minutes to get ready in a morning, or when it comes to planning makeup tutorials/blog posts, i really need to dare to wear some different looks. I convince myself that certain things don’t suit me, for example winged liner, when intact its probably just because I’m not used to seeing it on my face!
5. Clean my makeup brushes. This is something i really need to work on. Obviously makeup brushes become congested with product, and carry bacteria, so its really important to keep on top of cleaning them, something which i will admit i rarely do! I actually quite enjoy cleaning them, i find it therapeutic, so i just need to actually do it!
6. Mix up my hair routine. As well as makeup, i’m very lucky that i get a lot of hair products sent to me, and of course i buy lots of my own, yet i still seem to again stick to the same 5 or 6 products, never branching out when intact i could be missing out on discovering something great. I’m gunna change up my shampoo and conditioner every few weeks as its actually beneficial to your hair. Your hair can ‘get used to’ a product, and build up can start to happen, so its good to mix it up a bit!
7. Get my Beauty Sleep. Sleep is so important, we all know that, but its something i really struggle with. I find it so hard to switch off at night, and find myself scrolling through instagram in the early hours of the morning. Admittedly yes i do all the wrong things before i go to bed, caffeine, looking at screens, so i am going to make a conscious effort to try and get a good nights sleep which should in turn help my body, mind, and hopefully those pesky underage bags i seem to be carrying!
8. Tan! Everyones different, but personally i feel so much better with a tan, it suits me and it just gives me that boost of confidence! However i am from the UK and i don’t travel as much as a would like too, so getting a natural tan isn’t really gunna happen for me, so i need to keep on top of my tanning game! That means moisturise, exfoliate, the whole lot, and of course tanning from the bottle is so much safer and better for your skin!
9. Improve my makeup game. I am the first to admit, i am not the best when it comes to makeup, i just have a love for it and i like to share that love with others on the internet, that doesn’t make me the best makeup artist in the world, I’m just a regular girl. But i would absolutely love to improve my makeup skills, whether that be just watching more makeup tutorials and trying out new things, or doing a course, i would just love to be able to create better content for you, and look on fleek hahaha!
10. Have fun with beauty! My last resolution is definitely to have fun! Whether that be playing around with new makeup products, or having some chill time with a face mask hanging out with the girls, beauty products are there to be enjoyed! They are there to make us feel good, and its ok to take that extra 10 minutes in a morning to really sit down and enjoy putting your makeup on!
So there are my top 10 beauty resolutions for 2016, do you have any? I would love to know! Leave a comment below and we can chat!
My general 2016 Resolutions post will be up very soon!